POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone : Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:43:45 EDT (-0400)
  Old Technology...Eiffel Tower Phone
From: Renderdog
Date: 16 Apr 2003 11:20:10
Message: <web.3e9d7420e8aa3bba7ba9929f0@news.povray.org>
A good model, well lit. It's a fun model too, interesting to look at and fun
to build? Some of the textures look a little flat, but I see one of the
original photos also shows a dull finish. The rotary dial looks a little
flat; I wonder how it was dialed.

It looks like HDR lighting has given POV-Ray renders yet another look. I can
often spot a Maya, Cinema 4D, or Blender image from it's look, but POV-Ray
images are often a surprise. This image looks like it could be a glossy
magazine ad, sharp and professional, and I would've guessed is was a Maya
render.

If I would change anything, maybe the checkered blue and white tabletop to
something a little more realistic, but it would certainly change the
overall look, so I'm not sure.